By Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren
The relied on middle incapacity textbook will get a accomplished replace during this moment version, now completely revised to incorporate all of the serious subject matters modern pros want to know approximately as they paintings with those that have highbrow and developmental disabilities. delivered to you via a brand new staff of world-renowned specialists and participants, this quantity absolutely prepares destiny educators, social employees, researchers, and clinicians to supply the easiest providers and helps to kids and adults around the lifestyles span. Tomorrow's pros will observe what to do and the way to do it as they organize for his or her vital paintings, and they will discuss with this straight forward compendium yr after yr for info, insights, and solutions. A cornerstone textual content for any direction eager about highbrow and developmental disabilities—and a vital reference for each in-service professional's library.
THE perfect middle textual content FOR highbrow AND DEVELOPMENTAL incapacity COURSES:
- Broad and deep, with thorough, up to date info on intervention, schooling, family members roles, overall healthiness matters, particular disabilities, and masses more
- Life span–focused, with subject matters starting from genetics and improvement to concerns with regards to aging
- Multidisciplinary, mixing examine and private stories of greater than 70 esteemed authors from different fields
- Immediately acceptable, proposing either the evidence and functional, real-world recommendation on assembly the person wishes of individuals with disabilities
- Student pleasant, with studying pursuits, instructive case tales, stimulating questions for mirrored image, and key web resources
WHATâ€™S NEW: New co-editors and participants * New and generally up-to-date chapters on serious subject matters, together with AAC and expertise, autism spectrum disease, advocacy and self-advocacy, conversation demanding situations, kinfolk concerns, human improvement and genetics, criminal and moral concerns, and psychopharmacology
SELECTED subject matters coated: assessment and analysis * habit and psychological overall healthiness * mind plasticity * cerebral palsy * determination making and consent * Down syndrome * early improvement and intervention * schooling * employment * epilepsy * fetal alcohol spectrum sickness * fragile X syndrome * gender concerns in developmental disabilities * overseas human rights * dietary concerns * parenting * actual health and wellbeing * carrier structures and methods * transition from institution to grownup existence
Read or Download A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities PDF
Similar special education books
Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and arithmetic should be a necessary source for academics, lecture room assistants, and SENCOs who aid dyslexic and dyscalculic youngsters with their figuring out of arithmetic. Written in an available kind with worthy illustrations, this functional ebook finds worthy ways that to take on either easy and intricate recommendations with scholars of every age.
Pros delivering providers to those who are visually impaired paintings with contributors of every age from commonly diversified ethnic, non secular, and cultural teams. Many converse languages except English. This booklet is a trouble-free, worthwhile device for speaking O&M guideline to scholars who essentially converse Spanish.
This necessary guide presents lecturers with commonsense options, instruments, and templates to make sure the absolute best academic results for newbies with major disabilities.
At this tough developmental level, while little ones are discovering issues tough, this booklet can quite aid. it's filled with instruments and methods of what to claim and the way to be, permitting children to maneuver from sadness, terrible functioning or studying blocks, to a spot of self-awareness, self worth and the power to thrive.
- What Is It Like to Be Me?: A Book About a Boy with Asperger's Syndrome
- Die Bedeutung der Resilienzforschung für die Beziehungsgestaltung in der stationären Jugendhilfe (German Edition)
- The Road to Cheerful
- Glück auf Zeit: Der gemeinsame Lebensweg in Familien mit einem geistig behinderten Kind am Beispiel eines an Mukopolysaccharidose (MPS) erkrankten Kindes (German Edition)
Extra info for A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities by Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren
- Download e-book for iPad: Tough Enough by C. R. Stone
- Read e-book online McDowell and His Critics (Philosophers and their Critics) PDF