By Linda Wagner-Martin
- The historical past of yank Literature from 1950 to the current offers a finished research of the big variety of literary works that extends into the twenty first century
- Covers drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, technology fiction, and detective novels
- Features dialogue of yankee works in the context of such 21st-century concerns as globalization, medication, gender, schooling, and different topics
Read Online or Download A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The representation of the grasp examines the the most important position of the illustrated press within the formation of the interpreting public and the writing career in the course of Henry James's lifetime. The booklet re-examines James's tales, feedback, and commute essays in mild of the explosive development of the journal within the usa and overseas on the flip of the century.
Albert Camus is among the iconic figures of twentieth-century French literature, one in all France's most generally learn glossy literary authors and one of many youngest winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature. because the writer of L'Etranger and the architect of the thought of 'the Absurd' within the Nineteen Forties, he shot to prominence in France and past.
According to the resurgence of curiosity in American novelist, poet, short-story author, and newspaper correspondent Elizabeth Stoddard (1823–1902), whose best-known paintings is The Morgesons (1862), Jennifer Putzi and Elizabeth Stockton spent years finding, studying, and sorting via greater than seven-hundred letters scattered throughout eighteen varied documents, ultimately settling on eighty-four letters to annotate and contain during this assortment.
As one of many formative classes in Canadian background, the past due 19th century witnessed the beginning of a country, a humans, and a literature. during this research of Canada's first 'school' of poets, D. M. R. Bentley combines archival paintings, together with broad study in periodicals and newspapers, with shut readings of the paintings of Charles G.
- Realism and Regionalism, 1865-1914 (Research Guide to American Literature)
- Evangelism and Resistance in the Black Atlantic, 1760-1835
- The Tidepool and the Stars: The Ecological Basis of Steinbeck's Depression Novels
- The Artistry of the Homeric Simile
Extra info for A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature)
A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) by Linda Wagner-Martin
- Read e-book online The Barbecue Lover's Big Book of BBQ Sauces: 225 PDF
- New PDF release: Transactions on Computational Science XXVIII: Special Issue