By Charles Neufeld
This is an illustrated edition.
The books narrates of 12 years spent in captivity by means of Charles Neufeld (1856-1918) in Omdurman, Sudan.
Read or Download A Prisoner of the Khaleefa; Twelve Years' Captivity at Omdurman. (Elibron Classics) PDF
Best african history books
This examine of the Tunisian military and executive throughout the time of the pasha-bey Hammûda the Husaynid (1777--1814) stresses the deeply Ottoman personality of those associations and the political and administrative effect of the jurisdictional authority of the Ottoman Porte at the province ordinarily. This paintings hence initiates a scientific revision of a tremendous thesis that has prevailed within the physique of latest learn at the Tunisian Regency.
The Shattered Pearl is an account of the 10 years that Sara Armstrong spent in Uganda, East Africa. It starts off with an within examine Peace Corps in 1966 opposed to the backdrop of the civil rights stream. Sara came across herself the single black Peace Corps trainee in a bunch of one hundred fifty. as soon as in Uganda, Sara taught technology and math and traveled round East Africa.
Why does this distant swathe of Sahara alongside the Atlantic seaboard crisis the us and Europe? Why does Morocco continue its profession? Why has the UN safeguard Council prevaricated for 3 many years whereas the Sahrawis dwell less than Moroccan rule or as refugees? during this revealing ebook, Toby Shelley examines the geopolitics concerned.
From the mid-15th century to the shut of the nineteenth, it truly is envisioned that greater than 12 million humans from Africa have been compelled onto slave ships and transported to the Western hemisphere; a minimum of eleven million survived the adventure to land within the Americas. Even after Britain banned the importation of African slaves in its colonies in 1807, and the U.
- Before the Storm: A Year in the Pribilof Islands, 1941-1942
- The Kongolese Saint Anthony: Dona Beatriz Kimpa Vita and the Antonian Movement, 1684–1706
- Twins in African and Diaspora Cultures: Double Trouble, Twice Blessed
- Post-Apartheid South Africa: Economic and Social Inclusion
- Peace Agreements and Civil Wars in Africa: Insurgent Motivations, State Responses, and Third Party Peacemaking in Liberia, Rwanda, and Sierra Leone
- Rhodesian War: A Military History
Extra resources for A Prisoner of the Khaleefa; Twelve Years' Captivity at Omdurman. (Elibron Classics)
A Prisoner of the Khaleefa; Twelve Years' Captivity at Omdurman. (Elibron Classics) by Charles Neufeld
- The Akan Diaspora in the Americas - download pdf or read online
- Read e-book online Burned Beyond Recognition: Has rejection caused you to PDF