By Heleen M. Oudemans-van Straaten,Lui G. Forni,A.B. Johan Groeneveld,Sean M. Bagshaw,Michael Joannidis
By Steven Laureys
By Mark A. Sperling
In a unmarried, handy volume, Pediatric Endocrinology bargains whole insurance of all facets of uncomplicated technology and scientific perform, perfect for either pediatricians and endocrinologists. Pediatric endocrinology specialist Dr. Mark Sperling groups up with world-renowned authors to deliver you brand new with the most recent key advancements in each zone of the sphere, delivering valuable counsel on how your scientific determination making can be plagued by today’s technological and medical advances.
- Consult this name in your favourite e-reader , behavior speedy searches, and modify font sizes for optimum readability.
- Determine the very best direction for each patient with easy-to-follow algorithms in each scientific chapter.
- Stay modern with today’s most popular topics , together with neonatal diabetes mellitus, sort II formative years diabetes, molecular endocrinology, and genetics.
- Explore the impression of today’s advances and challenges, together with explosive progress in molecular biology, refined imaging strategies, and a rise in either pediatric diabetes and obesity.
- Quickly entry the data you need with a brand new, streamlined association (Concepts, Endocrine issues of the infant, Endocrine problems of early life and youth, and Laboratory checks and Imaging).
By Albert Ferro,David A. Garcia
The involvement of the ISCP will make sure that the highest quality individuals may be concerned and determine a constant method of each one subject within the series.
Each quantity is designed to be among one hundred twenty and 250 pages containing useful illustrations and designed to enhance comprehend and sensible utilization of cardiovascular medicinal drugs in particular medical areas.
By C.Th. Smit Sibinga,P.C. Das,J.O. Forfar
By Moritz Ziegler,Richard G. Azizkhan,Daniel von Allmen,Thomas R. Weber
The definitive illustrated source at the surgical administration of babies and kids -- with an emphasis on operative technique
Operative Pediatric Surgery, moment version is a finished, well-illustrated textual content that promises professional insurance of the pathophysiology, analysis, and remedy of pediatric surgical ailment. This targeted single-volume source is greater by means of various drawings, radiographs, and images that illustrate the authors’ most well-liked operative recommendations. anywhere acceptable, diagnostic and care guidance also are included.
Operative Pediatric Surgery, moment version is split into eleven sections that come with a complete of a hundred chapters. The e-book opens with an informative normal rules part that offers very important historical past info on themes akin to the background of pediatric surgical procedure, moral issues, pediatric surgical severe care, and office-based ambulatory surgical procedure. the remainder of the textual content is geared up basically via organ, more advantageous through a well timed part on strong organ transplantation.
In this moment version, every one bankruptcy writer has completely up to date and refreshed their subject, and commonly, minimally invasive operative suggestions are integrated with open methods. There also are intriguing new chapters on:
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Non-rhabdomyosarcoma gentle tissue sarcomas
- Gastrointestinal polyps and cancer
- Adolescent bariatric surgery
Operative Pediatric Surgery will turn out to be a vital reference for pediatric surgeons looking optimum analysis and remedy methods for his or her patients.
By Eric J. Topol,Paul S. Teirstein
The sixth version of the imperative Textbook of Interventional Cardiology, by way of Drs. Eric Topol and Paul S. Teirstein, provides you with finished, professional medical suggestion on all features of this speedily evolving subspecialty. You’ll locate balanced, specialist views at the medical and scientific advances tested over the past few many years so that you can larger make a decision which methods convey optimum ends up in any given state of affairs. You’ll additionally get an up to date examine promising new strategies like transcatheter aortic valve implantation; new interventional techniques for left mainstem affliction and thrombus-containing lesions; transradial intervention; and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Rely on Dr. Topol’s top-rated textual content to supply unrivaled management within the ever-evolving perform of interventional cardiology.
- Achieve the simplest results on your sufferers with in charge, aim suggestion on either confirmed and rising tactics and devices.
- Perform potent interventions for center issues with the specialist advice of major gurus who supply a clean and balanced standpoint on all facets of interventional cardiology.
- Keep up with rising strategies together with transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), transradial intervention, and optical coherence tomography (OCT), in addition to new interventional ways for left mainstem ailment and thrombus-containing lesions.
- Stay present with the newest genetic info and scientific trials.
By Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue,Elizabeth A Montgomery,John R. Goldblum
Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, a identify within the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology sequence, presents the entire such a lot crucial details at the pathological entities encountered in perform in an easy-to-use layout. Drs. Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue and Elizabeth Montgomery learn the complete scope of neoplastic and non-neoplastic problems of the gastrointestinal tract--, together with issues of the tubular gastrointestinal tract, pancreatobiliary tree, and liver-from medical positive factors and ancillary reports to differential diagnoses and prognostic and healing issues. The constant, sensible layout with a wealth of illustrations, packing containers, and tables, in addition to on-line entry at www.expertconsult.com, make this identify excellent for speedy reference for either beginners and skilled pathologists.
- Get the complete variety of assurance on neoplastic and non-neoplastic gastrointestinal/liver stipulations in a constant, straightforward format.
- Catch the entire nuances of ways pathological entities current via over 850 full-color illustrations.
- Reference key details quick and simply because of at-a-glance packing containers and tables during the text.
- Stay present with the newest in molecular diagnostic concepts via a brand new bankruptcy in this more and more very important topic.
- Find info on lymphoid neoplasms of the GI tract extra simply with assurance consolidated right into a new, centred chapter.
- Easily establish newly defined entities highlighted in up-to-date pictures and references.
- Enhance your visible knowing from a hundred new scientific and photomicroscopic images.
- Gain elevated at-a-glance reference because of extra truth sheets and pathologic positive factors boxes.
By G. Bryan Young,Eelco F. M. Wijdicks
This quantity includes a number of issues referring to sufferers with altered degrees of attention, together with necessary alterations among problems. Neurologists, researchers, and clinicians will discover a accomplished accounting of the differences among problems that reason those altered states. starting with easy suggestions of cognizance and neurobiology, this guide progresses into extra specified and complicated components of debate, together with very important technological developments that experience happened in neuroimaging.
Neurologists who're often known as upon for prognostication and to steer administration of sufferers with those problems will locate priceless details, together with chapters discussing comatose states in teenagers and pregnant girls, encephalopathic sufferers, food issues, and vegetative and minimally wide awake states. furthermore, chapters dedicated to philosophical backgrounds and moral implications related to sufferers with impaired cognizance, are completely offered.
* A complete reference consultant that progresses from simple ideas of cognizance and neurobiology to precise, advanced themes of discussion
* worthy details on new technological developments that experience happened in neuroimaging, therefore furthering diagnostic and remedy modalities
* Philosophical and moral implications related to the connection among clinicians and sufferers with impaired degrees of consciousness
By Ignac Fogelman,Gopinath Gnanasegaran,Hans van der Wall
This booklet, written via authors with nationwide and foreign reputations within the box, covers all elements of radionuclide and hybrid bone imaging. Introductory sections current the fundamental technology and examine the present prestige and boundaries of traditional radiological innovations. The underlying rules of PET-CT and SPECT-CT are rigorously defined, and the price of other puppy and SPECT tracers, assessed. The function of unmarried- and dual-modality ways within the imaging of benign bone illnesses and malignancies is then mentioned intimately in a sequence of well-illustrated chapters. The pathologies addressed contain metabolic bone disorder, arthritis, bone and joint infections, basic bone and gentle tissue tumors, and metastases from breast and prostate melanoma. one more part considers the position of bone scintigraphy within the pediatric sufferer, and the final chapters concentrate on miscellaneous topics, together with bone densitometry and radionuclide distinctive therapy.